BEH is seeking a full-time veterinary technician to become part of our team. Licensure/Certification is a plus but not a requirement. Duties for this position include the following:
– In-patient Care (monitoring, administering treatments, assisting with procedures, grooming, etc.)
– Assisting with out-patient appointments (greeting/assisting clients, restraint of horses for procedures, jogging horses for lameness exams, aseptic prep of patients for injections and procedures, shooting and processing radiographs, collecting samples for diagnostics, etc.)
– Performing Anesthesia (induction, maintenance, and recovery of patients using both gas and injectable forms of anesthesia)
– Assisting with Surgical Procedures (positioning patients on surgical table, aseptic prep of patients for surgery, opening surgical packs and instruments, assisting surgeon during procedures, cleaning and sterilizing the surgical area and instruments, etc.)
– Laboratory procedures (collection of samples, utilizing in-house machines/equipment to perform basic laboratory techniques, submission of samples to reference labs when applicable, etc.)
– Stall and barn cleaning and maintenance
– Attending academic and case-based rounds sessions
Successful candidates will have previous equine experience and demonstrate proper and safe horse handling techniques. Candidates should have knowledge of equine anatomy and veterinary terminology. As a condition of employment, veterinary technicians must be able to handle the strenuous physical aspects of this position including jogging horses for lameness exams and some heavy lifting (up to 75 lbs.). Good interpersonal skills for interacting with clients and BEH team members are a must. Brown Equine Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send letters of intent and a resume (including references) to Tina Stanley via e-mail (email@example.com).